By Daniel H. Joyner
Read or Download Iran's Nuclear Program and International Law: From Confrontation to Accord PDF
Best arms controls books
From considered one of our major social thinkers, a compelling case for the removal of nuclear guns. in the course of his impeachment lawsuits, Richard Nixon boasted, "I can cross into my workplace and choose up the phone and in twenty-five mins seventy million humans should be lifeless. " Nixon used to be competently describing not just his personal energy but additionally the ability of each American president within the nuclear age.
This ebook examines the clients and demanding situations of a world phase-out of hugely enriched uranium—and the dangers of this fabric another way getting used by way of terrorists to make atom bombs. Terrorist teams, corresponding to Al Qaeda, have established time and again that they search to obtain nuclear guns. Unbeknownst even to many protection experts, a whole bunch bomb-grade uranium are trafficked legally every year for ostensibly peaceable reasons.
This publication examines using suggestions – in particular ‘weapons of mass destruction’ (WMD) – in US international coverage discourse. present research of WMD definition has made headway into settling on the repercussions that the conceptual conflation of such different guns – generally understood as a connection with nuclear, organic and chemical guns – has for overseas safeguard.
This booklet analyses the Syria trouble and the function of chemical guns on the subject of US international coverage. The Syrian government's use of such guns and their next removal has ruled the USA reaction to the clash, the place those are seen as relatively terrible fingers - a repulsion referred to as the chemical taboo.
- Interagency Coordination in Military Operations Other Than War: Implications for the U.S. Army
- Pakistan's Drift into Extremism: Allah, the Army, and America's War on Terror: Allah, the Army, and America's War on Terror
- Nuclear Apartheid: The Quest for American Atomic Supremacy from World War II to the Present
- Nuclear Proliferation and the Psychology of Political Leadership: Beliefs, Motivations and Perceptions (Routledge Global Security Studies)
- On Escalation: Metaphors and Scenarios
- Slaying the Nuclear Dragon: Disarmament Dynamics in the Twenty-First Century (Studies in Security and International Affairs Ser.)
Additional resources for Iran's Nuclear Program and International Law: From Confrontation to Accord