By Michael Nastasi,James W. Mayer,Yongqiang Wang
Ion Beam research: basics and Applications explains the elemental features of ion beams as utilized to the research of fabrics, in addition to ion beam research (IBA) of art/archaeological gadgets. It makes a speciality of the basics and functions of ion beam equipment of fabrics characterization.
The publication explains how ions engage with solids and describes what details might be won. It begins by means of protecting the basics of ion beam research, together with kinematics, ion preventing, Rutherford backscattering, channeling, elastic flinch detection, particle brought about x-ray emission, and nuclear response research. the second one half turns to purposes, the vast variety of strength makes use of in skinny movie reactions, ion implantation, nuclear strength, biology, and art/archaeology.
- Examines classical collision theory
- Details the basics of 5 particular ion beam research techniques
- Illustrates particular purposes, together with biomedicine and skinny movie analysis
- Provides examples of ion beam research in conventional and rising learn fields
Supplying readers with the ability to appreciate the advantages and barriers of IBA, the publication bargains sensible details that clients can instantly observe to their very own paintings. It covers the extensive variety of present and rising purposes in fabrics technological know-how, physics, paintings, archaeology, and biology. it is usually a bankruptcy on computing device purposes of IBA.
Read or Download Ion Beam Analysis: Fundamentals and Applications PDF
Best nuclear physics books
Pixel detectors are a very very important type of particle and radiation detection units. they've got a really large spectrum of functions, starting from high-energy physics to the picture cameras of way of life. This ebook is a common function creation into the basic rules of pixel detector know-how and semiconductor-based hybrid pixel units.
Describing complicated detectors and their visualization and research options, this e-book offers the key functions in nuclear and high-energy physics, astrophysics, drugs and radiation measurements.
Get First-Hand perception from a Contributor to the normal version of Particle PhysicsWritten by way of an award-winning former director-general of CERN and one of many world’s major specialists on particle physics, Electroweak Interactions explores the innovations that ended in unification of the vulnerable and electromagnetic interactions.
Do you're keen on quantum physics, cosmology, and the humor at the back of the preferred tv convey the large Bang conception? have you ever been looking for a enjoyable, non-technical clarification of the technology at the back of such things as time trip, wormholes, antimatter, and darkish power? You’ll locate all of that, and extra, inside of this fact-filled, cartoon-packed publication.
- Corrosion Induced by Low-Energy Radionuclides: Modeling of Tritium and Its Radiolytic and Decay Products Formed in Nuclear Installations
- Top-Quark Pair Production Cross Sections and Calibration of the Top-Quark Monte-Carlo Mass: Measurements Performed with the CMS Detector Using LHC Run I Proton-Proton Collision Data (Springer Theses)
- Basics of Plasma Astrophysics (UNITEXT for Physics)
- Higgs, Supersymmetry and Dark Matter After Run I of the LHC (Springer Theses)
- Work on Atomic Physics (1912 - 1917) (Niels Bohr - Collected Works)
Extra info for Ion Beam Analysis: Fundamentals and Applications