By David Dewitt,Hans Rattinger
Read Online or Download East-West Arms Control: Challenges for the Western Alliance PDF
Similar arms controls books
From considered one of our best social thinkers, a compelling case for the removal of nuclear guns. in the course of his impeachment complaints, Richard Nixon boasted, "I can pass into my workplace and decide up the phone and in twenty-five mins seventy million humans might be useless. " Nixon used to be properly describing not just his personal strength but in addition the ability of each American president within the nuclear age.
This publication examines the customers and demanding situations of an international phase-out of hugely enriched uranium—and the hazards of this fabric differently getting used through terrorists to make atom bombs. Terrorist teams, similar to Al Qaeda, have verified many times that they search to procure nuclear guns. Unbeknownst even to many protection experts, hundreds bomb-grade uranium are trafficked legally every year for ostensibly peaceable reasons.
This publication examines using strategies – particularly ‘weapons of mass destruction’ (WMD) – in US international coverage discourse. present research of WMD definition has made headway into deciding upon the repercussions that the conceptual conflation of such different guns – generally understood as a connection with nuclear, organic and chemical guns – has for overseas safety.
This ebook analyses the Syria hindrance and the function of chemical guns with regards to US international coverage. The Syrian government's use of such guns and their next removing has ruled the USA reaction to the clash, the place those are seen as rather terrible hands - a repulsion referred to as the chemical taboo.
- Rüstung und politisches System: Am Beispiel der Luftrüstung im Dritten Reich und in den USA 1933 bis 1942 (Wissenschaftliche Beiträge aus dem Tectum Verlag 25) (German Edition)
- Towards a Francophone Community: Canada's Relations with France and French Africa, 1945-1968 (Foreign Policy, Security and Strategic Studies)
- Weapons for Peace, Weapons for War: The Effect of Arms Transfers on War Outbreak, Involvement and Outcomes
- The Black Book: Woodrow Wilson's Secret Plan for Peace
- The Politics of Nuclear Non-Proliferation: A pragmatist framework for analysis (CSS Studies in Security and International Relations)
Extra resources for East-West Arms Control: Challenges for the Western Alliance