By Bridget Copley,Fabienne Martin
within verb words and on the point of modality; the adaptation among direct and oblique causal chains; and the illustration of those chains in syntax.
The ebook examines information from a large choice of languages, corresponding to Tohono O'odham, Finnish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Hindi, and Karachay-Balkar, and may be of curiosity to syntacticians and semanticists, in addition to psycholinguists and philosophers, from graduate point upwards.
Read Online or Download Causation in Grammatical Structures (Oxford Studies in Theoretical Linguistics) PDF
Best grammar books
Within the place of work, solid punctuation is far greater than a question of correctness. it is a topic of potency. execs who will not be yes how you can punctuate take extra time than essential to write, as they agonize in regards to the many inconsistent and contradictory principles they have picked up through the years. sturdy punctuation can also be a question of courtesy: In place of work writing, a sentence may still yield its which means immediately, but if punctuation is haphazard, readers have to paintings to appreciate - or wager at - the writer's reason.
This booklet was once first released in 1954.
A suite of remedies for writer's block, plotting and characterization concerns, and different diseases writers face while finishing a singular or memoir, prescribed by means of the director of artistic writing at Ohio college. humans are looking to write the booklet they comprehend is within them, yet they run into hindrances that difficulty every person from newcomers to pro writers.
This booklet, first released in 1990, is a research of either the explicit syntactic alterations within the newer levels of Greek and of the character of syntactic switch ordinarily. Guided through the restrictions and rules of common Grammar, this speculation of this learn permits an figuring out of ways those alterations in Greek syntax happened and so presents perception into the mechanism of syntactic switch.
- The Expression of Time (Expression of Cognitive) (The Expression of Cognitive Categories (ECC))
- Minimalist Syntax for Quantifier Raising, Topicalization and Focus Movement: A Search and Float Approach for Internal Merge (Studies in Natural Language and Linguistic Theory)
- Topics in the Syntax and Semantics of Infinitives and Gerunds: Volume 6 (Routledge Library Editions: Syntax)
- The Acquisition of Verbs and their Grammar:: The Effect of Particular Languages: 33 (Studies in Theoretical Psycholinguistics)
- Evidence for Multiattachment in K'ekchi Mayan: Volume 7 (Routledge Library Editions: Syntax)
Additional resources for Causation in Grammatical Structures (Oxford Studies in Theoretical Linguistics)