By Campbell Craig,Fredrik Logevall
Read or Download America's Cold War PDF
Similar arms controls books
From one among our prime social thinkers, a compelling case for the removing of nuclear guns. in the course of his impeachment complaints, Richard Nixon boasted, "I can cross into my workplace and choose up the phone and in twenty-five mins seventy million humans may be useless. " Nixon was once properly describing not just his personal energy but in addition the facility of each American president within the nuclear age.
This booklet examines the customers and demanding situations of a world phase-out of hugely enriched uranium—and the dangers of this fabric differently getting used through terrorists to make atom bombs. Terrorist teams, equivalent to Al Qaeda, have validated time and again that they search to obtain nuclear guns. Unbeknownst even to many protection experts, a whole lot bomb-grade uranium are trafficked legally every year for ostensibly peaceable reasons.
This e-book examines using techniques – in particular ‘weapons of mass destruction’ (WMD) – in US international coverage discourse. present research of WMD definition has made headway into selecting the repercussions that the conceptual conflation of such varied guns – regularly understood as a connection with nuclear, organic and chemical guns – has for foreign safety.
This ebook analyses the Syria concern and the position of chemical guns when it comes to US overseas coverage. The Syrian government's use of such guns and their next removing has ruled the USA reaction to the clash, the place those are seen as relatively terrible palms - a repulsion often called the chemical taboo.
- American Mobbing, 1828-1861: Toward Civil War
- Over the Horizon Proliferation Threats
- Ballistic Missile Defense and the Future of American Security: Agendas, Perceptions, Technology, and Policy: Agendas, Perceptions, Technology and Policy (Praeger Security International)
- India's Sentinel: Select Writings of Air Commodore Jasjit Singh AVSM, VrC, VM (Retd): Select Writings of Air Commodore Jasjit Singh AVSM, VrC, VM (Retd)
- A Skeptic's Case for Nuclear Disarmament
- Nuclear Non-Proliferation in International Law: Volume II - Verification and Compliance: 2
Extra resources for America's Cold War