By United Nations
Read or Download Action for Disarmament: 10 Things You Can Do! PDF
Best arms controls books
From one among our best social thinkers, a compelling case for the removal of nuclear guns. in the course of his impeachment court cases, Richard Nixon boasted, "I can pass into my place of work and decide up the phone and in twenty-five mins seventy million humans may be lifeless. " Nixon used to be properly describing not just his personal energy but additionally the facility of each American president within the nuclear age.
This ebook examines the clients and demanding situations of an international phase-out of hugely enriched uranium—and the hazards of this fabric differently getting used via terrorists to make atom bombs. Terrorist teams, reminiscent of Al Qaeda, have tested time and again that they search to obtain nuclear guns. Unbeknownst even to many safety experts, hundreds bomb-grade uranium are trafficked legally every year for ostensibly peaceable reasons.
This booklet examines using options – particularly ‘weapons of mass destruction’ (WMD) – in US overseas coverage discourse. present research of WMD definition has made headway into picking out the repercussions that the conceptual conflation of such various guns – ordinarily understood as a connection with nuclear, organic and chemical guns – has for foreign safety.
This booklet analyses the Syria challenge and the position of chemical guns when it comes to US overseas coverage. The Syrian government's use of such guns and their next removal has ruled the united states reaction to the clash, the place those are seen as relatively terrible palms - a repulsion often called the chemical taboo.
- Chemical Warfare and Chemical Terrorism: Psychological and Performance Outcomes:a Special Issue of military Psychology: Volume 14
- At the Crossroads Between Peace and War: The London Naval Conference in 1930
- Nuclear Scholars Initiative: A Collection of Papers from the 2013 Nuclear Scholars Initiative (CSIS Reports)
- Limited Conflict Under the Nuclear Umbrella: Indian and Pakistani Lessons from the Kargil Crisis (2001): Indian and Pakistani Lessons - From the Kargil Crisis
- From Nuclear Military Strategy to a World Without War: A History and a Proposal
Extra info for Action for Disarmament: 10 Things You Can Do!